Upper Uwchlan Township Parks
Skip to nav
Rules and Regulations
All Park users must adhere to the Parks and Recreation Areas Rules and Regulations as codified in the Upper Uwchlan Township Code, §127-2:
- No person or persons shall be allowed in a park or on a trail except between dawn and dusk unless a permit has been obtained from the Township.
- No person shall deface, destroy or remove any public signs, notices, equipment or other property of a park or trail.
- No hunting is allowed within a park or on a trail; no person shall injure or kill any wildlife within a park or on a trail.
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages in a park or on a trail is prohibited.
- No gambling or any obscene or indecent act, or any abusive, threatening, indecent or profane language or any conduct that may annoy others, shall be allowed in a park or on a trail.
- No parking shall be allowed in any portion of a park or trail except in spaces specifically set aside and marked for parking purposes.
- No person shall operate or cause to operate any vehicle in any portion of Township parks or playgrounds in violation to any posted traffic control devices. Furthermore, all vehicles operated shall be in accordance with the Vehicle Code of Pennsylvania. No motorized recreational vehicles including, but not limited to, go-carts, minibikes, or all-terrain vehicles, shall be permitted in a park or on a trail. Exceptions may apply for special events, provided a permit has been obtained from the Township. Motorized wheelchairs and scooters for handicapped use are permitted on paved trails or wherever the park or trail is handicapped accessible. [Amended 11-21-2011 by Ord. No. 2011-07]
- No horses are permitted in a park or on a trail. Exceptions may apply for special events, provided a permit has been obtained from the Township.
- No person shall litter within a park or on a trail.
- No person shall light a fire or permit a fire to burn in a park or on a trail, except in fireplaces provided for such purposes.
- The playing of golf in the park is prohibited.
- No dogs are allowed in a park or on a trail unless properly restrained on a leash not exceeding six feet in length. All dog waste is to be picked up and disposed of immediately in park or trail trash receptacles.
- Trail users are encouraged to follow the recommended guidelines for Township trail usage provided in Appendix A of this chapter.
 Editor's Note: Appendix A is included at the end of this chapter.
- The Upper Uwchlan Township Board of Supervisors may from time to time establish additional regulations for the use of Township parks and trails.